I can't find the Search box at top of forums now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
And I miss it horribly. There is a Search Forums tab at the top of every page, but then finding the forum to search is a drag.

By default, it searches the forum you're currently in.
I don't think so. If I click the Search tab at the top of the page, type a word, and search, it searches All Forums.

upload_2020-7-29_12-1-25.png

I don't think so.
It actually does. It will search the forum you're in and all subforums. It will not search outside of those forums.

@DandyDon , you may be conflating the magnifying glass/search option with the Search Forums option. The Search Forum option indeed starts at All Forums, and yes, it can be tedious looking thru the list. But the magnifying glass (on a phone) or the Search box (on a computer) starts with the forum you are in, unless you click More, in which case it calls up the full Search Forums applet, which starts with All Forums.
It occasionally disappears if you have changed your screen display size or window. On my phone, the magnifying glass (AND the search box) is invisible in horizontal display, but appears when vertical. It is a hardware implementation issue. The function is still there.

It occasionally disappears if you have changed your screen display size or window.
That was it! I figured it was something on my end. On my laptop, there is no magnifying glass, but I had CTRL+ zoomed four clicks. On three clicks I see the box. I have 20/30 vision after cataract surgery and 20/20 with glasses, but I still like large text and overdo that at times.

thanks!

@DandyDon , you may be conflating the magnifying glass/search option with the Search Forums option. The Search Forum option indeed starts at All Forums, and yes, it can be tedious looking thru the list. But the magnifying glass (on a phone) or the Search box (on a computer) starts with the forum you are in, unless you click More, in which case it calls up the full Search Forums applet, which starts with All Forums.
It occasionally disappears if you have changed your screen display size or window. On my phone, the magnifying glass (AND the search box) is invisible in horizontal display, but appears when vertical. It is a hardware implementation issue. The function is still there.

I've been complaining that the magnifying glass has disappeared from my phone for months. Unfortunately, my complaint was around the time of Steve's passing.

But I haven't played with my sizing but it is gone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom