I am thankful for:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OCdiving Deb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am thankful for:

1) A wonderful and supportive family that usually tolerates my obsession for OCdiving.

2) Enough fitness to handle the stairs in Laguna Beach with SCUBA gear.

3) A dive community that wants to learn more about diving, the ocean and its inhabitants, and each other.

4) An ocean that is not perfect but is fixable if we all work together.

5) Wonderful friends and acquaintances who share a passion for the ocean and diving!

6) Competent and friendly dive shops and dive boats!

7) The ability to take underwater photos and share them with others.

8) Did I mention my family??

9) All of you!!

Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you. May your table be bountiful and your family be healthy.

Hugs,

And WE are thankful for you, Debbie, and all the great work you do with OCDiving. Hope you and Derek have a great Thanksgiving! I think after I eat my 20# turkey today, I won't need to wear a weight belt tomorrow!

Debbie,

We are all very lucky to have you in our midst.

I just read riguerin's fabulous account of your birthday dive and post dive "lecture" to a group of marine biology students. :wink:

I'm thankful for the many things that you have listed and must add that I'm thankful for knowing you as well.

I look forward to seeing you at a dive somewhere soon.

Christian

I am thankful for finding Scubaboard, for Ca. diving & for a great dive buddy.

Happy Diving
John

I am thankful for:

1) my new "bionic foot,"

2) to live this close to good year round diving,

3) good diving friends with whom to share all that we have.

Such a big hug to you on this special day dear Debbie!

Tevis

I am thankful for
Christ who paid the price of my sins,
The wife God blessed me with these past 32 years and who tolerates me, my diving and my other absences.
My children
The guards that man the towers all night and the checkpoints keeping me safe.
American plumbing and American porta potties- Trust me on this one, Iraqi toilets ain't pretty.
Hot showers
The USA, that I live there.
My friends at Scubaboard and Sandeaters

pasley:
I am thankful for
Christ who paid the price of my sins,
The wife God blessed me with these past 32 years and who tolerates me, my diving and my other absences.
My children
The guards that man the towers all night and the checkpoints keeping me safe.
American plumbing and American porta potties- Trust me on this on, Iraqi toilets ain't pretty.
Hot showers
The USA, that I live there.
My friends at Scubaboard and Sandeaters

... and I am thankful for people like you.

Melvin, Happy Belated Thanksgiving, you're still in my thoughts and prayers.

Kevin

JMdiver:
I am thankful for finding Scubaboard, for Ca. diving & for a great dive buddy.

Happy Diving
John

I'm assuming he means me =)

I am trully thankfull for having John as a buddy...without him, there is no way I would have as many dives in my log or as much fun diving!

There was a similiar thread in the Mod room.

Here's what I posted:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every year my sweet wife and her family have been renting a big house someplace for everyone to gather at for the TG week. It used to be in Shaver Lake, CA (think white Christmas mountains, etc..) but over the last several years (6) its been a beach house here in Cambria, CA, Think rugged NoCal Coast line.

Its quiet, peaceful, lazy and mellow - all of the things I am not. So it always takes me a day or two to get into the groove - put down the blackberry, nap several times a day and relax.

In 2006 I'm thankful for so much. Mostly for my health, the health of my family, the strength to do the things I love, for the provision and favor God continues to show me despite my hopelessly human stumbling.

I didn't fall into a terrible, repulsive funk on or around my Bday this year. I think the last time I cruised through a Bday was maybe when I was 17? I dunno. Been awhile. Everyone noticed. That was pretty cool.

I made so many new friends this year. I don't meet many people as I'm kind of freakishly private - so 2006 was a grand experiment in opening up a bit. And it paid off handsomly.

2006 has been the best year of my life. Following 2005, which was the best year of my life. Which of course followed 2004 - the best year of my life.

I'm liking the pattern I'm seeing emerge.

Bring on 2007.

Blessings to all of you -

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom