I am doing a project on underwater communication devices...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lwwatson

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi there,

I've registered to the forum in the hope I can gain from assistance from some more experienced members here. I apologise if I'm asking in the wrong place, but basically why I am here is because I am doing a business plan for my university class.

After speaking to various people, I've decided to do it on an underwater communication device, but I'm not really familiar with scuba diving and the safety risks in general. I have done various research on diving accidents etc, but would be grateful to any member here who can offer their help

• Number of scuba related deaths per annum
  • The % of this deaths that could have been avoided by good communication
  • Number of scuba workers (to be sold as a teaching aid)
  • existing solutions (full mask- for example)

These are the various points I'm looking to find out about, and any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Luke

Welcome to SB. Your'e right, probably the wrong forum to start out with.... how about:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/research-development/ ????

Also, DAN (DiverAlertNetwork) D.A.N. Travel Assist (non-diving emergencies): 800/326-3822
keeps alot of data regarding scuba deaths, etc.

Also, OTS is probably the largest in the world on underwater communication devices... check them out: Underwater Communications by Ocean Technology Systems, Buddy Phone, Aquacom, Scubacom, Buddy Line, full face mask, AGA.

While your'e at it, take a course and get wet with us to understand needs better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom