Hyperbaric chambers in the Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have personally witnessed a diver with the bends on the Maldives as I was traveling with him. I can attest to their competency both at the island clinic and then the chamber at Bandos. Also, the LOB handled it very well. There are no issues going to the Maldives especially if you have DAN insurance. Not sure what you mean when you say there are "only three" chambers - that seems like a lot to me.

Very sad what happened to the fisherman. I don't know enough about the fishing industry there to make any further comment other than to include him and his family in my prayers.

If there are more than three chambers in Maldives, where can I find the full list of chambers in Maldives?
Thanks.

I may not have written my reply well..
I don't know how many chambers there are anywhere and I don't think there is a list of them. My thinking was that if there are three in the Maldives- then that would be more than adequate.
I just wanted people to know that if they get DCS in the Maldives- the infrastructure there to deal with it is, in my opinion, excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom