Hylacon eclipse

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ido

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey there, I got special offer to buy hylacon eclipse (20lb) with small backplate 24/35.5 cm after 20 dives for 550 $
I am
180 cm
90 kg
I'm diving with 5 mm sueit and 12 pounds
I have no opportunity to check the gear *but* it's in new condition, I know the person who want to sell it.

There is any chance that it will feet me?

Attachments

• IMG-20200902-WA0026.jpg
    IMG-20200902-WA0026.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 84
Halcyon doesn’t make 20lbs wings so that’ll at least a 30lbs wing. At your size I would go with regular size plate but small would likely work too. It fits almost everyone provided webbing wasn’t cut too short. Even if it was cut too short, webbing is cheap to replace. If you need 12lbs then if this has a steel plate and a weighted STA included then you’re almost good to go. Picture looks like aluminum plate so you may need some cam band trim pockets, integrated weight pockets (on waist strap), or a weight belt depending on what you prefer.

Halcyon doesn’t make 20lbs wings so that’ll at least a 30lbs wing. At your size I would go with regular size plate but small would likely work too. It fits almost everyone provided webbing wasn’t cut too short. Even if it was cut too short, webbing is cheap to replace. If you need 12lbs then if this has a steel plate and a weighted STA included then you’re almost good to go. Picture looks like aluminum plate so you may need some cam band trim pockets, integrated weight pockets (on waist strap), or a weight belt depending on what you prefer.
Firs of all ty!
It's for sure 20lb halcyon bladder..

What kind of tank do you use? With 12 lbs of weight in addition to a steel tank and perhaps lights or a camera, the wing might not be enough to keep the rig afloat on the surface. Those small wings are really designed for diving with minimal exposure protection and aluminum tanks. At your height of nearly 6', the plate will be short on you too. I'd pass on the offer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom