Question Hydros Pro Rides up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
WoodyLompoc

WoodyLompoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife has a Hydros Pro that constantly rides up. The BCD is a Woman's Small and seems to be adjusted properly at the surface. On entering the water, with very little air in the bladder, it floats up, with the shoulder straps several inches above her shoulders. Even after being fully deflated at depth, she has to constantly has to pull the unit down.

Does anyone know of any adjustment that can be made? She tried to adjust waist band, sternum strap, shoulder strap length, but nothing helps. She also tried to remove the weight pockets and she dove with the travel harness, but it did not help either.

Has anyone attached a crotch strap to a Hydros? Did it help?

Thanks

Crotch strap is the likely answer. The Scubapro one is 1.5”, a standard is 2”, though a sail- or saddle-maker would be able to sew whatever width your wife deems appropriate.

My wife has a Hydros Pro that constantly rides up. The BCD is a Woman's Small and seems to be adjusted properly at the surface. On entering the water, with very little air in the bladder, it floats up, with the shoulder straps several inches above her shoulders. Even after being fully deflated at depth, she has to constantly has to pull the unit down.

Does anyone know of any adjustment that can be made? She tried to adjust waist band, sternum strap, shoulder strap length, but nothing helps. She also tried to remove the weight pockets and she dove with the travel harness, but it did not help either.

Thanks

My wife had this issue a while back and used the crotch strap, which helped. Hasn't been bothering her recently, so she hasn't used it, but I would give that a try.

Thanks

Crotch strap is more important in the water than the shoulder straps, should be standard on all BC's.... All of our students learn with standard 2" straps without any complaint. It appears the Hydros takes a standard crotch strap so I would grab one from @DiveGearExpress and try that. 2" padded Dive Rite is what I use on most of my rigs

What they all said. Crotch strap. Merkin is optional.

My wife had this issue a while back and used the crotch strap, which helped. Hasn't been bothering her recently, so she hasn't used it, but I would give that a try.

How and where did you attached the crotch strap to the BC in the back please? What crotch strap did you use?

Where would it attach in the back?
unsure, but I know one of my instructor buddies has a crotch strap on his and scubapro says that crotch strap is compatible and there is nothing special about that strap, I'd have to see one up close but I was going off of scubapros website

unsure, but I know one of my instructor buddies has a crotch strap on his and scubapro says that crotch strap is compatible and there is nothing special about that strap, I'd have to see one up close but I was going off of scubapros website

SP says that there is no specific crotch strap for the Hydros Pro and that there is no place to attach it in the backpack. I am looking for pictures to prove them wrong :)

How and where did you attached the crotch strap to the BC in the back please? What crotch strap did you use?

Scubapro says there is a mount bar on the lower lumbar region of the back plate.... But as I mentioned, my wife used it, not I, although I don't recall there being a lot too it, and it must of either came with her Hydros, or she just grabbed one at the dive shop, which I would assume would have been just the default Scubapro crotch strap if so...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom