Hydros Pro BCD - How to fix a tear in the bladder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DouDouey

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone,

I recently discovered a tear in my BCD and I'm hoping to get some advice. I'm using a Hydros Pro BCD and I'm in urgent need of a replacement bladder.
Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase one from Scubapro?

I have a big trip coming up to the Maldives in just four days, so I'm also looking for any quick fixes that might hold me over until I can get a proper replacement. Any tips or temporary solutions would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-08-05 at 12.56.49 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-08-05 at 12.56.49 AM.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 34
A blob of aquaseal about the size of a quarter may work. But if it fails, how fast would the air leak out? If failure of the "fix" will materially compromise your safety, then I would buy or borrow a different BC. I have fixed several punctures like this which lasted a long time, but those were just inconvenient leaks, not serious ones.

A blob of aquaseal about the size of a quarter may work. But if it fails, how fast would the air leak out? If failure of the "fix" will materially compromise your safety, then I would buy or borrow a different BC. I have fixed several punctures like this which lasted a long time, but those were just inconvenient leaks, not serious ones.
At this moment, not fast. The air is seeping out slowly. Before your suggestion, I was thinking of using duct tape. haha

For the Aquaseal, I should be getting the Aquaseal FD Repair kit right?

Someone recommended to get the one with the patches, but I can't seem to find a shop locally that sells it.

If you mask the area around tear with tape, the repair will look tidy. Remember to pull tape off before Aquaseal fully sets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom