Hydro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How much should I expect the local DS to charge to Hydro my new to me, but used, 30cf Pony?..No reg...just the tank and then to fill with Nitrox?

pretty wide range depending on what mix you are getting and whether you need it to be o2 cleaned. ean50+ with o2 cleaning will be significantly more than blended or banked <ean40.

Max is 40, I'll use 32. I'll let the D'S determine if 02 is necessary. .thoughts on costs? It is what it is I just want an idea.

if your LDS does banked or blended ean32, then 40 to 50 is about where it would be. figure 20 to 25 for hydro, 10 to 15 for vis and 10 for the nitrox fill.

o2 clean usually means another 30 to 40.

if your LDS does banked or blended ean32, then 40 to 50 is about where it would be. figure 20 to 25 for hydro, 10 to 15 for vis and 10 for the nitrox fill.

o2 clean usually means another 30 to 40.
Thanks.

You can take the cylinder to a fire extinguisher testing company such as Cintas. The last time I did that in PA, it was $25 per cylinder. In NYC, it will be New York prices in comparison. Cheaper than a dive shop will charge though. Gotham charges $40 for hydro and $35 + parts for O2 cleaning. Then, the fill may or may not be included. Some fire extinguisher testing companies do O2 cleaning and that, too, is less than a dive shop. This last part often results in a hassle. a shop owner can't criticize a hydro from the place he probably sends his cylinders, but they can hassle you about cleanings not performed in the sanctity and cleanliness <cough ... cough ... BS ...> of most service areas in shops. Especially the ones with pet dogs and cats roaming around.

You can take the cylinder to a fire extinguisher testing company such as Cintas. The last time I did that in PA, it was $25 per cylinder. In NYC, it will be New York prices in comparison. Cheaper than a dive shop will charge though. Gotham charges $40 for hydro and $35 + parts for O2 cleaning. Then, the fill may or may not be included. Some fire extinguisher testing companies do O2 cleaning and that, too, is less than a dive shop.
Thanks..I’m going to take it to the DS in Middletown NY....Middletown Scuba. Never been there anyway and like to see the shop.

My cost for hydro, VIP, and a fill are $30 per tank in Way Upstate NY. Just dropped off seven and he quoted that price.

My cost for hydro, VIP, and a fill are $30 per tank in Way Upstate NY. Just dropped off seven and he quoted that price.
$65 for the Hydro and fill...the fill was $3.00?

I usually see about $50 for hydro and vip with air fill. Add $25-50 for O2 clean. Add $10 for Nitrox 32 fill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom