Hurricane Regs, 2nd stage main spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simon-

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Here is my problem. The main spring in the second stage of both my Hurricanes require replacing. One has broken and the other is showing signs of metal fatigue.

Anyone know now of a stockist that may have them. I have been informed that Dive Rite no longer carry spares, which for a reg that was bought 3 1/2 years ago is not great.

Here is my problem. The main spring in the second stage of both my Hurricanes require replacing. One has broken and the other is showing signs of metal fatigue.

Anyone know now of a stockist that may have them. I have been informed that Dive Rite no longer carry spares, which for a reg that was bought 3 1/2 years ago is not great.

Simon,
We do still stock a full range of repair parts for the Hurricane Regulators. If you are unable to get help from a local dealer you can contact our service department directly at service@diverite.com

Thanks for the reply. I was informed by a Dive Rite retailer in the UAE that they had contacted DR and were told the part were no longer held.

I will e-mail as you have suggested.

Simon, the Hurricane is a Beuchat VR or VX 200, you can pick them up quite cheaply on ebay. If you are stuck for parts Beuchat will almost certainly have them, if you can negotiate through the dealership network. My best break was when there was no agent in my country, Beuchat then supplied me directly. Now I use Hurricane Service kits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom