Hurray for Clickbait... I mean Buzzfeed....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't get very far. The very first story on that list is obviously fake.

I was 18 meters down when my air went bad. It had a weird metallic sugary taste to it, and I started losing consciousness. I pointed myself up and pulled my BCD (buoyancy compensator), and about 6 meters from the surface, I blacked out.

I know I hate it when my air goes bad. It always seems to be mid dive when the stuff turns. Someone should start a white house petition to emit preservatives into the atmosphere so this doesn't happen in the future.

Actually, this one is probably true. I've heard that when a diver exceeds their depth rating they will emit a chemical known in the state of California to attract sharks and put them in lunch mode at the same time.
When I was 15, I took the family boat out and dove the reef myself to clear my head. That was mistake number one. I was down at a depth of about 90 feet when I was only rated for 60. While diving, I spotted a 3.5-meter mako shark coming right at me. For those who are unaware, makos are basically the cheetahs of the ocean, and they only have two speeds: curious (harmless) and lunch (very much harmful). This guy was in lunch mode. So I hovered, as I had been trained to do since there was no way for me to escape it.

I couldn't finish it, either. It was like watching one endless commercial for TMZ.

The funny thing to me is that while buzzfeed is absolutely click bait garbage, buzzfeed news is actually really solid.

I finished it, some were actually plausible. But feeding your arm to the sharks wins the gold.

The funny thing to me is that while buzzfeed is absolutely click bait garbage, buzzfeed news is actually really solid.

You mean Huffington Post?

You mean Huffington Post?

No, the actual buzzfeednews.com , though I’d guess a subsidiary some of their content gets up cycled to them. Like all new agencies they have their faults and biases, but at least they are upfront about them. Just won a Pulitzer for their Uyghers reporting.

# 23 to me seems like a rip off of Chris and Chrissy Rouse tragedy on U-853. 200 ft down - Son trapped under part of wreck - coast guard helicopter not leaving the deceased father to possible save the son etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom