Hurghada in January - what to wear under drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimnibob

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I am off to Hurghada at the end of January and will be diving in my 4mm neoprene drysuit, but I am unsure of what I will need to wear under it. I was thinking that perhaps a t-shirt and shorts or a 1mm/2mm rash vest and shorts?

Am I thinking along the right lines?

Thanks

Rash vest or polartec top - surface temperature will be above 20C - if you end up sweating a normal t-shirt will soak up the sweat. You want a wicking layer of some description.

I wore 4th Element Artics under an OThree crushed neo suit, doing MOD1 in Marsa Alam in a January. I was not excessively hot, but the walk to the water from where I was suiting up was very short. My other half did one day in her OThree 5mm neo and then rented a wetsuit for the rest of the week.

I did find myself wearing my undersuit top out of the water as the ambient air temperature and wind made staying warm a challenge. Not commonly being in warm places I can be surprised at how cold they can be :)

Back
Top Bottom