Suggestion Hunting/Gathering forum should be separate from shipwreck forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
JustinW

JustinW

Contributor
Reaction score
These two topics, while sharing some things in common, are quite different. I do not believe it is in the best interest of either wreck divers or hunters to have the topics blended together. They need to remain separate. Am I the only one who feels that Scubaboard members would be better served by having these different interests have their own forum topics?

Spearfishing, Lobstering, Gathering Scallops & other tasty critters... plus shipwrecks, archeological sites, underwater mysteries, fossils, geological formations... all here.

This is the description given. I do not see much in common with the two vastly different areas of interest. Furthermore, I can see how there would be many wreck divers etc. that may be offended by the content of our hunting threads.

I agree with you, Justin.

I was wondering about the reasons these two sections were combined also, as spearos seem to be a minority on this board :)

I agree

Shooting fish and artifact hunting are two very diffrent topics

I've done both types of "hunting" and artifacts are a different thing from spearo. They should be separated.

I'll chime in to agree. The point about some wreck divers being uncomfortable with spearfishing discussions is well founded. Also, a lot of spearos aren't trained or qualified to do any wreck diving beyond swimming around on the outside of it. I'd be in that category.

I agree,but I can see some logic.Wreckers,fossil divers,spearfishermen and artifact hunters make up a very small part of the diving community.I am here long enough to remember not having all these forums.It was much simpler but the crosstalk confused some folks.I look it as a chance to view the diving world thru someone else's eyes.

I have moved your suggestion to this forum where it belongs. Thank you for your input.

Back
Top Bottom