Humpbacks off the coast of Oman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lars_N

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Going for a family visit in Dubai this fall we are also planning on going to Oman where I will be doing some diving / snorkling. Having read that there is a permanent population of humpback whales off the coast of Oman I was wondering if anyone in here know if there are operators arranging trips to see these creatures:)

Hej Lars,

I'm afraid I don't know anything about the resident population, but apparently there are indigenous humpbacks on the Gulf side of Oman. On the east coast - where the diving/snorkeling is much better - we see whales and dolphins quite often, but these are chance encounters; there is not a particular spot where they always hang out

I'll try to find out more for you soon and let you know.

If you have any other questions, just feel free to ask - it's always nice to see a fellow Dane on SB :D

Greetings from the beach
Karin

Hej Karin,

Not many Danes in here so agree!!

When you are referring to the east coast is that the east cost of UAE? My plan was to go diving out of Oman and even though I am aware that Musandam is an interesting area it is most likely to be near Muscat (have to consider this is a family trip:)) if there is any good diving there. Or do you know if there are better places not too distant from Muscat?

Greatings from a spring-day in Denmark!

Best regards,
Lars

Godmorgen :)

Of course I'd recommend diving east coast UAE instead - only 2 hours from Dubai and perfect beaches for families etc :wink: :wink:

Having said that.............the Daymaniyat Islands off the coast of Muscat are generally considered the best diving in this region; better than Musandam. They are just an hour (by speedboat) away from Muscat, so you can do 2 dives on a daytrip and be back early afternoon. There are some dive op's there that I wouldn't use myself, but I recommend Knight Divers. You could send an email to patrik@knight-divers.com and he'll give you much more info. I've worked with him in Thailand, they are good and safety oriented - he's Swedish, but he's still nice :D Say hi from me :wink:

We are actually going there on a club trip next month; but I doubt I'll be going myself. I'll let you know how it was though..........

Enjoy spring.........I miss spring......and rugbrød........and saltlakrids...........:wink:
Karin :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom