Humpback whales play with free-divers in Tonga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulmila

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thanks for sharing. Does the Nai'i go to Tonga? We are going to Tonga in October and were under the impression that there was no diving with the whales only snorkeling.

Yes, NAI'A goes to Tonga during whale season, July to September. Usually a 10-day cruise to watch AND swim with the humpbacks. Some other operators just do whale watching.
If you want to get to their site go to my site, Paul Mila Books then click on the Links tab. Click on the whale photo and that takes you to their site.
Have fun!

Magnificent! Thank you for sharing this and thank you for the work you are doing.
I hope to have an encounter like this one day.

Thanks for sharing. Does the Nai'i go to Tonga? We are going to Tonga in October and were under the impression that there was no diving with the whales only snorkeling.
Yep, you are quite right! There is NO diving with the Whales under Tongan law. However, we can obviously not help it if the whales come pay us a visit whilst we are under :)

We were lucky enough to have a couple of encounters on scuba here last season!!

take care,

Tristan
Whale Watching in Tonga, Ha'apai and Scuba Diving in Tonga, Ha'apai

Wow, that's such an awesome video. Thank you for sharing. I don't know if I'd ever see something like this in real life.

Wow! I sure wish I was there. Thanks for posting that. I can only imagine how incredible it must have been to be that close.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom