Huish Outdoors issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the future, address all emails to all members of the board of Huish. At least that way the owners will eventually understand that they have an upset customer base that is now actively looking for products made by other companies.

Michael
That's a good idea. It could be as simple as management not staying on top of CS, in which case, the remedy is straightforward. Do you have those email addys? I'd like to send them links to a couple of threads...

You may consider it any way you like. I've owned and managed service businesses for 28 years. 2 business days is the standard outside limit for replying to business correspondence, and Huish is at 3 and counting, on a CS issue that should be responded to within 24 hrs. I see a pattern of problematic behavior with this company, as demonstrated by reading many other similar experiences. If your expectations are sub-standard, that is what you will often receive, and deserve. Personally, I'll spend my hard earned cash with companies who don't treat their customers with unprofessional disregard, and frequently do, with considerable volume. Frankly, I'm grateful to those who take time to call poor service to task, as that tide lifts all boats. I also practice open recognition for exemplary service, publicly and direct with a business. I am also grateful for our clients who do the same, as I can't fix an issue with service at my own business, or reward a high performing staff member, unless I'm aware. If the right person at Huish reads feedback like this, we'll all receive better service. If not, their sales/profits will drop.

Agree as well. Contacted their Tech support for a computer issue before Xmas (while we were on a Trip actually using them no less) and have yet to hear back. Contacted them again a few days ago for another issue related to a reg, and have yet to hear back.

They are taking calculated risk with mostly companies that were effectively over but may have has certain products or market share that made them attractive on a pennies on the dollar basis.

The industry is much smaller than even what many players in the industry believe.

The industry must also be in much worse shape than what most believe too if Zeagle/Atomic/Bare were takeover targets due to their inability to continue as going concerns. They all have pretty significant customer followings for at least their respective BC, Reg, and Wetsuit/Drysuit offerings

The industry must also be in much worse shape than what most believe too if Zeagle/Atomic/Bare were takeover targets due to their inability to continue as going concerns. They all have pretty significant customer followings for at least their respective BC, Reg, and Wetsuit/Drysuit offerings

RSG...

Absolutely...PADI sold out...You don't sell out your life's work because you're making too much money...

As far as brands like Zeagle and Atomic...They were always over-priced in my opinion...

Personally...I always liked BARE...I have a ''pre- Huish buy-out'' BARE semi dry...it's a great product...

I know there's been some recent ''quality'' issues...that have not affected me...but I liked Suunto as well...I always felt comfortable with ''Made in Finland''...

The big problem is going to come when shops carrying products which have been taken over by Huish...start switching brands due to Huish's lack-luster dealer support...once this happens Huish will be in trouble if their not already...as will those stuck with Huish brand products...when support/parts start to disappear...

I've always used DGX as a gauge...if Mark Derek drops a product line...like Atomic...Hollis...and a few others...there's good reason to stay away from it...

Best...

Warren

Mandarinfish holdings is no more Chinese that I am.... and I’m obviously a fat Dane.

Who and where does Mandarin Fish trace back to...

W.
Their Securities and Exchange Commission filings have them in Palm Beach Florida.

Never did receive a reply on either message left on 12/31. If it's impossible to get info pre-sale, what does that say about how a problem would be handled?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom