Huish Outdoors issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cds1785

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I wasn’t really sure where to post this so I figured general discussion would work. I recently ordered a an aluminum Zeagle plate from an online Zeagle distributor. The shop is located in fl and the price was right so I decided to pull the trigger. Item was paid for on 12/5 and ordered by the dive shop from the supplier. I have been in contact with the dive shop via email several times and they have contacted Huish two times in addition to the original order. I understand it’s out of the shops hands so I don’t hold this against them as I’ve used them in the past and received the item quickly. Are there issues with Huish Outdoors that anyone is aware of or encountered themselves recently? I would really like the backplate but we’re almost at a month now since it’s been paid for and the shop hasn’t received any word from them. I hate to cancel the order as it affects the shop but I hate to have money tied up in something I don’t actually have in my possession.

Just want to see if this much of delay is a normal thing from Huish or if I should be worrying at this point.

What does the dive shop tell you about the contact they had with the manufacturer? At any rate if you paid by credit card you're protected as long as you dispute the charge for non received goods before the window to dispute closes which can vary from something like 45 to 90 days after the charge was posted to your account.

My lovely repair tech (who I happen to be married to) says she has had a bladder on order for 4 months (Zeagle), an Oceanic second stage body for 3 months, and it isn’t uncommon at all to wait well over a month for Atomic repair kits. I no longer allow her to dig in my stash of Atomic kits, because I may need one at some point.

I asked the LDS to order a AA Ti2 for me in the middle of November. Between DEMA and thanksgiving he said it would take a bit. I talked to him yesterday and he said AA shuts down the week of Xmas thru next week, but he will call them once they’re open. It might be a company wide shutdown. So I feel your pain! O well as long as I have it within the next 3 weeks.

Copy that. The shop said that when they ordered the backplate it was in stock. Since then they have not received a reply from them so that to either of their follow up emails which was part of where my concern came in. If the huish shut down during the holidays I suppose that could be the issue now, but it doesn’t explain the lack of response by Huish during the initial contact.

I’ll give it a little more time and figure something out with the shop if no response is received. It’s crazy to me that a supplier would take so long to get products out to their consumers!

I know several people who have ordered Atomic fins this past fall that weren’t in stock at LDS. Took at least a month for them to arrive.

I think it is just a crappy time for companies. But if I don’t have mine in hand by the 15th I’ll be making a trip DRIS and grabbing one for my trip. The local shop will still get my money but it will be for something else.

I think it is just a crappy time for companies. But if I don’t have mine in hand by the 15th I’ll be making a trip DRIS and grabbing one for my trip. The local shop will still get my money but it will be for something else.

Better make sure they have it in stock!

I will call first. If they don’t have it someone will somewhere.

I will call first. If they don’t have it someone will somewhere.
I have 10 or so used ones in yoke if you can’t get one. But I’d bet someone will have one.

The Ti3 is the newest one though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom