Hud

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KentCe

Contributor
Reaction score
Numerous comments on a HUD for a future CCRs and I wish to explore the specifics with a new thread.

When ya comment "HUD", which type do you mean and how much details? Would it be a mask integrated display? Or just simple LEDs on the DSV?

I hate for anything on my mask to muck up my view of the scenery.

But having a set of LEDs per computer on the DSV would be nice.

I haven't looked at the Hammerhead yet, but a wild guess of intersting indicators:

Slowly blinking red (computer is running).
Yellow (O2 injecting)
Red stays on or no lights, look at your damn computers.

Given a master/slave system, the two set of lights should stay in sync (assuming no failures).

Pros:
Quicker indication of a problem vs waiting the next 60 seconds cycle to view computer displays.
Less checking of computer displays.

Cons:
Less checking of computer displays.

Comments?

this discussion actually came up on another list previously.

boiling it down, I think the most interesting idea was to build a comparitor circut, with 3 LED's. basically, red= low o2, green = good O2, and blue = high O2. If you wanted to get fancy, you could build the circut with a single tri-color LED, and mount that led on the DSV, or even on the corner of your mask lens.

I would think that the way I would set it up, would be to hook one of the three o2 sensors to the "stoplight", and the other two to conventional wrist mounted displays, that way you keep the redundancy of three seperate systems, with the accuracy of the conventional displays, and use the third "HUD" display as an early warning system. Basically not REPLACING checking your gauges, but supplementing them :wink:

Current HammerHead HUD is a 3 colour LED

Green = ALL OK
Yellow = Warning condition or PO2 > 15% away from set point
Red = Alert condition or PO2 > 25% from setpoint

It also has a vibrator built in to reinforce Alert conditions, far better than a buzzer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom