HP117s

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grantt

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What do you guys think about running a pair of these in sidemount. I'm 5'9" living in the panhandle of FL. Going to be getting into some caves when I can, but not all the time.
Do you guys think the 117s would work or should I go a different route? It's hard to come by tanks right now, but I can get these.
I appreciate your help and advice.

@tbone1004

Not yet. My local dive shop is having trouble getting tanks in, but had some availability from their distributor and got a few of these in. I'm going through a VA program where they provide funds to the shop to procure gear I need for the course. I have enough to pick up these tanks, I just wanted to make sure they would work for me.

@tbone1004

Not yet. My local dive shop is having trouble getting tanks in, but had some availability from their distributor and got a few of these in. I'm going through a VA program where they provide funds to the shop to procure gear I need for the course. I have enough to pick up these tanks, I just wanted to make sure they would work for me.

Merlyne,

Your profile gives no indication of your location.

HP 117's are big/heavy tanks.

Consider this prospective purchase very carefully.

Visit Dive Gear Express's web site, located in Florida, lots of tanks in stock. two to three day turnaround on orders.

For side-mount diving, I know of no-one who dives with 8'' dia. primary tanks. LP steel 85's are popular side mount tanks in my area.

Rose.

Tank availability is a real issue. From DGX’s website.

007F795F-8282-4305-BC7F-CCF33391391F.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom