How's Cabo Right Now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItsBruce

Contributor
Reaction score
We are going on another cruise to Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Villarta and Mazatlan. We leave tomorrow (9/23/06). I dive these every time we go, but wondered if anyone knew the conditions due to the recent hurricanes, etc. Thanks.

I just returned from Cabo, two days ago.

The viz on both the local dives as well as those in the Corridor ranged anywhere from 10' to about 35', so things are pretty stirred up. The water wasn't nearly as rough as I thought it would be, though. On a couple days, the surface was nearly flat calm. Weird.

There was a ton of marine life, but we saw no large palegics, save two eagle rays on two separate local dives.

Have a great time and if you run into any of the folks from Manta Divers, please give them a great big "Hello" from Chantal, would you? Those guys are wonderful.

Jcsgt:
I just returned from Cabo, two days ago.

The viz on both the local dives as well as those in the Corridor ranged anywhere from 10' to about 35', so things are pretty stirred up. The water wasn't nearly as rough as I thought it would be, though. On a couple days, the surface was nearly flat calm. Weird.

There was a ton of marine life, but we saw no large palegics, save two eagle rays on two separate local dives.

Have a great time and if you run into any of the folks from Manta Divers, please give them a great big "Hello" from Chantal, would you? Those guys are wonderful.
I agree. Just returned from Cabo two weeks ago, and found once again the staff at Manta Divers are great. Ismael is a great DM and I really enjoyed diving with him!!

Vis was ~35', water temps increased the few days I spent down there. Last dive I did, water temps a little over 80F average surface and depth. We were diving only in the bay near Pelican Rock and Neptunes Finger.

Great shop!!

I just dove Cabo last tuesday (9/19), water temp was 80+ at surface and depth and vis had improved to around ~50 ft.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom