Howdy from Texas, and a few Q's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHunt

Reaction score
Finished my PADI certifcation 2 weeks ago at Athens Scuba Park. Went through Ocean's Window in Plano and was very satisfied with their training. Very friendly group and made the whole experience fun and informative.

lwill be posting to some of the other forums in the future looking for feedback on equipment, diving experiences, etc.

My girlfriend and I will be going to Costa Rica later in July and I would like to find out if anyone has had any experience with Bill Beard Diving Safari's located at the Playa Hermosa Hotel. Let me know the good, the bad & the ugly. Hopefully it will all be good.

If you have any information on Costa Rica diving please reply as well. Keep in mind this will be my first blue water diving so I would like to start with a simple and not too deep of a dive just to past the butterfly's.

Thanks in advance for those that take time to respond.

SeaHunt

Welcome to the boards and the world of SCUBA diving. Glad you had a nice experience with Oceans Window. When you get ready to buy gear be sure to consider buying from Jim back at Athens he can cut you some great deals. I deal with Oceans Window, have delt with Emerald Sea, Grapevine Scuba, and Southern Scuba in Ft Worth. They all have plusses depending on what you want.

Be sure to keep an eye on the Texas board and see what the Texas Swamp Diving team is up to, where we are diving and when. We call Clear Springs in Terrell the North Texas branch home base but we dive PK, Athens and Travis too. Come join us and bring your gf when you can.

Welcome again,

TwoBit

Howdy!!!

If you were out at Athens 2 weeks ago, so was I! But I was working with a different instructor on my DiveMaster stuff :)

TwoBit and I (and othe friends) hit lots of the local spots including athens as frequently as possible. So if you'd like someone to head out there with you so you can get more experience before your trip, speak up and we'll plan something.

And as TwoBit said, watch the Texas Swamp Diving Team section since that is where we make lots of our announcements as to what's going on.

Glad to have you on the board!!! And welcome to the wunnerful underwater world!

welcome to the board, I am sure you will get your answers here.

My husband and I got our OW cert for a recent conference in San Juan. I too, went with the idea that I would not dive too deep.

We were very lucky, day one we dove with other novices and kept it shallow. Day two, we went out further and down deeper. Day three we went to 84'. It was gorgeous. It was easy. Actually easier than shallow 15-30' as I did not have to continually equalize my ears.

So, go with an open mind and have fun!

Welcome to the Boards!

My husband is originally from Texas, too (Houston area). Look under the travel section of this board for info. If it is not there, a post will bring the right divers forward to give you some answers.

Welcome to the board from the cold waters of New England USA
Have fun here & Dive Safe...................Arduous

Welcome from a fellow Texan and congrats on your recent cerifications!

Back
Top Bottom