How you know your mask is on too tight *pic*

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious

Señor Pantalones
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Okay, so I'm a bad boy and even though I promised not to post this on the Internet it's been a slow day and I'm bored.

Was diving in Bermuda with a group of people on the wreck of the Constellation when after the dive, a young woman complained of having a pounding headache. She said it was probably due to her sinuses.

After she took her mask off, I told her I had a sneaking suspicion that maybe, just maybe her sinuses were fine and not the source of the problem.

Then I fell over laughing.

D.

Im surprised the outer ring wasnt deeper. Sometimes I see people with a 1mm deep painful looking outer mask ring. Looks like this poor girl took the brunt of it between the eyes. This gives me a headache just to look at.

Ow, reminds me of the first time I put on a mask...
I had no idea that you could adjust the straps so it would fit better!!...
Shakes head.

OUCH!!! Nothing that a couple beers or a rum and coke couldn't take care of.

I love this place! Thanks for the laugh!!!!

Dean810:
At least she didn't put her mask up all the way on her forehead. International sign of distress you know.

So what was she signalling with her mask embedded in her forehead?

Reminds me of the time we had a fire and the last person to use the EAB (emergency air breathing mask) had not loosened the straps and had a small head. As the compartment was rapidly filling with smoke I just pulled the mask over my head nearly ripping off my ears.

Ouch!

Tight enough to stay in place and no more, good rule for mask strap adjustment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom