How unsafe was this intro dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That proves nothing. There was a recent thread about fake instructors in that region.

You're right. There was a thread about fake instructors so we should assume all instructors aren't real until their cert's are posted up on scubaboard for us to see.... o_O

You're right. There was a thread about fake instructors so we should assume all instructors aren't real until their cert's are posted up on scubaboard for us to see.... o_O
No, but the op may not have considered that possibility. She could now investigate and if he's not an instructor, depending on the law over there, he could be charged with fraud.

Then she can post about it on ScubaBoard for you to read about. o_O

i personally didn't do the discover scuba, just went right to OW, did it in Caye Caulker Belize, another story there lol. but my SO did the discover scuba down in PDC Mexico. spent the morning in the pool one on one with the instructor and afternoon did a 2 tank dive from boat at Jardines I think, just us and the instructor. initially he was right by her controlling the dump valve and inflator, dive was 35ft max on hard bottom, but once she was witnessed using inflator/dump valves comfortably he let her manage, staying about 10-15 feet away, went up at 700 psi, 3 minute safety stop. The guy was an awesome instructor and very safety conscious. She struggles with some anxiety related to diving but he did an awesome job getting her comfortable and she went on to do her OW. honestly sound like your friends discover scuba was a cluster.

Jardine's is a really nice reef. I saw the biggest moray I've ever seen there on a night dive once.

yeah, it is frequently one of my knock the rust off/ make sure equipment is behaving dives when i get down there, since a lot of shops do there afternoon dives there. I've seen schools of jacks crash the reef, mantis shrimp, octopi, bull sharks and long relaxed dives, not a lot of reef height and lots of newby divers but fun time. going back down in a few weeks for some dives off Playa and a few days in Coz with a buddy. never done a night dive there, sounds like fun

Back
Top Bottom