How to unscrew HP hose from gauge console?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetSEAL

Contributor
Reaction score
I am trying to replace the HP hose that goes to my SPG gauge console. The console has a rubber casing making it very difficult to access the attachment nut (I can only seem to get a grip on the rotating nut). I can see the fixed nut underneath but can't seem to get a pair of pliers in there. Is there a trick to this?

you have to pull back the console boot and slide it down the hose. From there the spg will be accessible

I already pulled down the rubber hose boot, but I was talking about the rubber casing that encloses the SPG and gauges. Perhaps this picture will help to explain my trouble:

rubber_case.jpg

Do not use pilers (or channel locks) !! Use an adjustable wrench or std wrench.

Thanks, I used two adjustable wrenches (one of them my smooth jaw knippex pliers, which are the best!) and did it just like in this video:

While you have it apart, remove the spool, clean it, replace the orings (or the entire thing) and LUBE it up. This is one place where you do not want to go light on the lube, esp on the hose end. Water can and will get in there and if you don't lube it well, you stand a good chance of having it corroded together.

To soften the rubber casing of the SPG submerge the console in hot water for some minutes. The rubber will allow you to remove the SPG from it's enclosure and pull the hose.
Unscrew the hose, pull it from the other end to remove it from the console. Put a new one while the rubber is still soft or submerge it in hot water for a while to soften again.
Replace and lube the o-rings of the spool. They are 2-003 duro 90. Use a slight amount of silicone grease.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom