How to try a wetsuit? What does 'fit' mean?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetFatCat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I understand that the best way to try is a real dive but I don't think that I have possibility to rent a wide variety of suits to try.
Do you have any tips about how to 'try' it in a store? What are important and what not?
I'd like to have my own suit because I prefer not to rent personal things and believe that improving buoyancy control is pretty hard if I have different suits for every dive.
Appreciate any thoughts.

WetFatCat:
I understand that the best way to try is a real dive but I don't think that I have possibility to rent a wide variety of suits to try.
Do you have any tips about how to 'try' it in a store? What are important and what not?
I'd like to have my own suit because I prefer not to rent personal things and believe that improving buoyancy control is pretty hard if I have different suits for every dive.
Appreciate any thoughts.
should fit like a second skin.The better the fit the warmer the suit..I see you are located in NYC,so are we.On city island bx ny..pm if you are coming by to try on suits..

Back
Top Bottom