How to tell size? (Ocean REEF Neptune)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jayfarmlaw

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Edit- This is posted in the Ocean Reef forum and I forgot to put Ocean Reef Neptune in the title.

im going to look at a used Neptune with coms this week. I have a huge head so I'm sure I will need the Larger skirt. Are they marked? How do you tell the size?

Thanks, Jay

(Title edited by moderator)

Edit- This is posted in the Ocean Reef forum and I forgot to put Ocean Reef Neptune in the title.

im going to look at a used Neptune with coms this week. I have a huge head so I'm sure I will need the Larger skirt. Are they marked? How do you tell the size?

Thanks, Jay

(Title edited by moderator)

I don't know if you can still use the info or not, but I just finished my 2-day Ocean Reef instructor course and here is the scoop:

The S/M FF masks have always been marked "SM" on the top edge of the silicone face seal. Sounds like the earlier production had smaller letters that were harder to see, but they have always been there on the S/M.

I am a little unclear on the M/L version. Earlier versions were definitely not marked at all. I think current production is now marked on that size, but I am not 100% on that point.

One other note for anyone looking at a smaller OR FFM, is that the pattern on the S/M has changed a bit over time. The original version was smaller on both vertical and horizontal sizing, but they found that the horizontal dimension should be the same as for the M/L. Apparently smaller faces (exception younger kids) tend to be shorter in length, but usually not less wide. No, I don't know how tell the two generation apart.

No, I don't know how tell the two generation apart.
Slight update to the info. The earlier SM face seal with the "SM" marking that is about 1/4" high is the first generation with the reduced width. The newer face seal with the "SM" marking that is about 1/2" high has the same width as the ML skirt, but the shorter height.

Thank you! I haven't been able to look at it yet, but it's not going anywhere. Highland Park? I owe you a beer and a slice at Giadornos on our next Great Lakes trip next summer! Let me know if you put together a Great Lakes, rec depth, trip in the late spring or summer and I may be able to take a few spots. Just the pizza is worth the drive!

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom