How to start a thread on forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Olddiver1950

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm a bit confused by this site. How would I start a new thread with a question of interest to me? I see no button that says "start new thread" when I am in the community section of the site. can you help an old man??

Same way you did here.

“Community” is not a forum. If you go into the specific forum you would like to start a thread in, you will find a button there. For example, the “Basic” or “Advanced” forum are two sort of general use forums, and the majority of questions will go there. There are more specific forums as well (Site Support being a good example).

I'm a bit confused by this site. How would I start a new thread with a question of interest to me? I see no button that says "start new thread" when I am in the community section of the site. can you help an old man??

You just did, got it now?

There are a few forums which require you to have a minimum number of posts before you can participate in them.

Also some of the professional forums require you to join them and provide credentials before you are allowed to post - although anyone can view them. To join them if eligible, select the Join User Groups link in your profile.

Any forum you are eligible for will have the blue Post New Thread button near the top right.

Basic board functions are illustrated here:
New to ScubaBoard and xenForo? Here's The Chairman's user guide...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom