How to post photo in pm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adurso

Contributor
Reaction score
In the "conversation" dialogue box there is not option for uploading a file.

How would one upload a photo when replying to a pm?

Thanks

There is no option for uploading a photo directly into a Conversation from your device - Xenforo did not include one.

A work-around is if the photo is stored somewhere else on the Internet - the image icon on the toolbar will accept the image url and import it.

It doesn't always work as some photo hosting sites block it, Also you need the actual image url - not the one some sites append if your photos are in their gallery.

You can display lower resolution images in a Conversation in the same way as a post. Most browsers will let anyone in the conversation right-click on it and save it to their drive.

Another option is to add it to your Photo Gallery and send the URL in a Conversation.

Great post! I ran into this same issue a few days ago. I eventually got their email and emailed photos to them. It was a real pain, but it was a workaround. Thanks for asking. I thought it was just me.

Cheers -

@adurso

I thought of another way.

Place the image into your computer's buffer - in windows use the snipping tool - or any program that allows you to cut the image will work.

Then simply type Ctrl v (the Control key) while in the Conversation window to paste it in.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom