Suggestion "How to...." page

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
geokr

geokr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I seem to recall that there is a page that explains how to embed images, videos, etc. in your posts but I've looked all over and haven't been able to find it nor did it come up in a search. I might be confusing it with another board but don't think so. If there is a page it would be helpful if you make its whereabouts more obvious by putting a link in one of the pull down menus or as a sticky. If you don't have one it would be helpful to create one. If there is one and I just don't have the vis to see it please reply with the URL so I can bookmark it. Thanks!

ScubaSteve's link is a good general tutorial for the beginning poster. (See also the SB FAQ page Attachments and Images.)

For a complete list of what embedding and markups are possible: Markup Codes. (See also Marking Up Posts.)

You can also find a post that did something you like, right-click, view source, ctrl-F brings up 'find' then enter some text from the post that is just before what you want to see. Almost all the basic HTML commands seem to work here, copy and paste goes a long way...

-thanks bleeb, was looking for the markups

Last edited:
ScubaSteve's link is a good general tutorial for the beginning poster. (See also the SB FAQ page Attachments and Images.)

For a complete list of what embedding and markups are possible: Markup Codes. (See also Marking Up Posts.)

Thanks to you, bleeb - these are helpful, too, and they're bookmarked as well.

You can also find a post that did something you like, right-click, view source, ctrl-F brings up 'find' then enter some text from the post that is just before what you want to see. Almost all the basic HTML commands seem to work here, copy and paste goes a long way...

-thanks bleeb, was looking for the markups

Yep - Thanks!

Still think it would be a good idea to have an "official" page that gives all the details on embedding.

Agreed. The FAQs seemed a bit bare-bones (understandably), and something more tutorial like would be nice, since questions like this seems to come up at least every month or so. It took me a while to find (re-find) the list of embedding codes and in the end, I kind of stumbled back over it. A tutorial might also make it easier to find.

Anyone here feel like drafting something? :blinking: I suspect some overworked admin could then put it to good use.

The .vbulletin markup/embed codes page is also available as a right menu choice in your UserCP screen.

We currently support four streaming formats for embedding video:
YouTube
YouTubeHQ
YouTubeHD
Vimeo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom