How to mount and dismount DSS wings on DSS back plates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I first got my DSS BP/W I was told I needed to replace the flimsy rubber locators with SS bolts and wing nuts. Being inexperienced at the time I did. I have since gone back to the rubber locators because the way I put on my rig is to flip it over my head and let slide onto my back (the way I did in the Army with my ruck) and the bolt stem or wing nuts were grabbing my rash guards. The rubber locators do not grab my rash guards.

Tobin I wanted to buy a few spare rubber locators, but I cannot find them on your website.

When I first got my DSS BP/W I was told I needed to replace the flimsy rubber locators with SS bolts and wing nuts. Being inexperienced at the time I did. I have since gone back to the rubber locators because the way I put on my rig is to flip it over my head and let slide onto my back (the way I did in the Army with my ruck) and the bolt stem or wing nuts were grabbing my rash guards. The rubber locators do not grab my rash guards.

Tobin I wanted to buy a few spare rubber locators, but I cannot find them on your website.

We do not recommend bolting your wing to your plate. Doing so increases the chances of a pinch flat. If you need locators send an email to info@deepseasupply.com

Tobin

not to necro an old thread but my question is very similar. I still have the rubber locators. My problem is that they pull out of the backplate very easily. Is there a way to decrease the frequency of this happening?

not to necro an old thread but my question is very similar. I still have the rubber locators. My problem is that they pull out of the backplate very easily. Is there a way to decrease the frequency of this happening?
The rubber "locators" are just that locators. They are intended to keep the wing aligned with the plate until the cambands are closed. They are not intended to mount the wing to the plate

Take a look at this video. Switch Tanks Instruction Video

We do not recommend bolting your wing to your plate.

Tobin

I lost the rubber locators long ago, but I have been doing what is shown in the video--holding wing and shoulder strap with one hand while changing tanks--and it seems to obviate the need for the locators.

The rubber "locators" are just that locators. They are intended to keep the wing aligned with the plate until the cambands are closed. They are not intended to mount the wing to the plate

Take a look at this video. Switch Tanks Instruction Video

We do not recommend bolting your wing to your plate.

Tobin
I wasn't bolting it. The wing just gets kinda floppy afterwards. Not a big deal. Thanks for the quick response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom