How to mount a M&J switchblock for use with AGA?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just picked up a used m&J gas switch block to use with a bailout while utilizing my aga mask for both winter recreational and year round PSD diving operations. does anyone have any good tips on how to mount it. there isn't much to work with but 2 small holes 2.25" on center.

I was thinking of machining a oversized beltslide type device with the 2 holes and then placing a small bend on each side to facilitate easy on/off.

Thanks

It is kind of hard to say without seeing your rig and how you want to route the hoses. Most of the blocks are designed to be attached to the webbing of a harness or BCD. I have been looking into this same thing. From what I have seen is most mount it to one of the waist belts for the AGA the left side would be best. The two hoses feed around the left waist from the main and pony bottles. The single hose would then feed up the left shoulder strap and connect to the AGA mask. I acually saw one reg that use a 90 degree fitting vs. a swivel. It looked nice and clean. Other than his inflator hose he had nothing coming up over his shoulder. Everything fed from his waist up. The aforementioned hoses, his gauge, his dry suit inflator and his octo. Yes even though he had the gas block he still brought a second stage from his pony first stage I guess just in case his AGA second stage was the source of the problem. It all looked very clean and something I might like to emulate someday.

As far as mounting you could put the screws right through the webbing. I have seen other things like knife sheaths screwed rigtht through the webbing. I am not sure how bad it is for the webbing but the install looked pretty clean. If you do not want to do that you could use 3" heavy duty webbing. Take two pieces of equal length that is the size of the manifold. Screw the block to one piece then either screw the two pieces together or have someone sew them together. Then just slide it over the 2" webbing of your BCD. This is what I plan to do once I get the block.

Hope this help. Keep us posted on what you do and show us pictures of your final setup.

Mark D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom