How to make images smaller

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have some photos I want to post, but the website keeps telling me that the image size is too large. How do I take a large digital image, and make it smaller, along the lines of 1000 X 1000? I am no rocket sceintist, but I was never able to do it in photo shop. Is there some easier way?

Your camera most likely came with some basic photo editor that will allow you to resize photos.

If not and you're using winxp, try downloading powertoys. There is a simple image resizing program included in it.

Now you do mention photoshop. If you have it, load up the file, in the "image" drop down menu at the top, select image size. For online photos, best to set resolution to 72 pixel/inch and then pick your pixel dimension.

An easy to use photo editor / slideshow / online gallery program is the free program, Picasa, from Google.

Use "export picture to folder" in the file dropdown menu to both export and reduce size. It has preset options for sizes such as 640, 800, or 1024 pixels.

Charlie Allen

Actually , there are two ways in Photoshop that you can resize images. I have Elements 4.0 and the first way is to click on "image" and select "resize". this allows you to resize your image. The second way is to click on "file" and then select "save for web" which also allows you to resize your images. Be sure to select what file format you want the resized images to be saved as. I believe that Photoshop defaults to a GIF format that is not acceptable for some web applications. However, you can select .JPG as another format. If you want some additinal information, email me at jamescrew6@verizon.net

Regards,

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom