How to install the Dome Lens Unit II for UWL-H100?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlMitch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there
After much deliberation (and thanks for all the help on the this board) as an early fathers day gift I've been spoilt with the Inon UWL-H100 WA lens and its associated dome lens unit that attaches to it. Just in time for our Bangka Island trip in a few weeks time! YAY!

NOW the fun and games begin in installing the dome to the lens. I remember seeing somewhere a youtube or video clip of someone taking you through a step by step guide on how to do this. Has anyone seen this and can you send me the link??

Another question is how do you carry this lens underwater?? As you all know it is pretty large. Any ideas??
Obviously the best is just to keep it on and not change during the dive BUT if a rare little pygmy seahorse or stunning flabilinna nudi is spotted well then I'm going to be changing for the macro lens! SO the question then becomes how to store the WA lens??

Reefphoto has a video about the dome unit for another inon lens but the steps are nearly the same look in their knowledge base
For carrying the lens I can tell you that is very risky to remove and replace a lens so heavy in water and there is a risk of dropping it. I recommend changing your mount to LD bayonet
Either way to carry such lens the only way is to use an inon lens holder as it is far too big for a BCD pocket and you can easily scratch the dome if you clip it

I was just in this predicament...watched everyone else take pics of pygmy seahorses while I hovered with my dome...luckily a turtle happened to come by :wink:

Thanks 121. I found the reefphoto page and that should ensure I'm heading down the right road.
Chilli that is exactly the scenario I'm afraid of!! I will definitely not be taking the lens off unless I ABSOLUTELY have to! It will have to be something really special. Not a regular pygmy seahorse but if its a Severn's or Pontoh's then the WA is coming off!!
In case I do have to then I'm thinking I may get my local tailor to make me a purpose built draw string type bag from nylon or 1mm neoprene or something that can take the seawater abuse. I will then see if I can clip it off to my BCD. I have a neoprene cover for the dome so at least that will stay protected.

But I'll see how things go! I have a few weeks to make a workable solution.

I have used neoprene covers for the lenses on the caddy and to my surprise they make things worse as sand or debris gets catched in and ends up with scratches it was supposed to avoid
The UWL-H100 with dome is over 550 grams far too much to let dangling in my view but have your own go at it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom