How to insert pic in post?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnyb

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Aloha:
Can someone explain, step by step, how to place a pic in a post? If it cannot be done, how does one put the thumbnail in their post? I must be missing something.

Do I have to upload the pic first to my storage space? I don't want to put it into rotation in the pic posts, its a tank rack on my boat (boring except in the proper thread).

Shouldn't we have a sticky in the support section on this?

You can also look at this tip. http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=89506. Ignore the stuff regarding the creating of the screen shot and follow the instructions for inserting and posting the resulting JPEG.

Look in my gallery. I have a private album called posts and tutorials. This separates the stuff I want to insert into threads from the stuff I want other members to look at.

Hope this helps. If not, then leave me a message.

---Bob

You can also add it as an attachment by going advanced (when posting) there is a button that is called "Manage Attachments"...click that and you'll get the upload page.

Ah, like this???
attachment.php

doonyb, that's fine... but you can also do it this way:

go to "Go Advanced"

click on the mountain icon under above the text box

that will give you a dialogue box. enter the URL address of the image

and

CaveDiving06.jpg

voila

however, as i just discovered, this won't work for pictures stored here
in ScubaBoard for some reason

Back