How to get to Bahamas From Miami

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
im gonna be in miami in 3 weeks and i was wondering if theres a cheaper way to get to the bahamas from miami then flying or taking a cruise ship. its not a far distance and i'd love to go to the bahamas. any imput would be greatly appreciatiated. thank you

Swim, for cheap you can't beat that.

a raft, most folks go the other way down here though.

Spirit Air out of Ft. Lauderdale is usually a pretty cheap flight.

Spirit Air out of Ft. Lauderdale is usually a pretty cheap flight.

Yeah, as long as you don't want to take ANYTHING with you--isn't Spirit even charging for carry-ons now?

I wonder what would happen if you walked onto the plane wearing a wetsuit, fins, mask and BC with your regulator draped around your shoulders?? I went skiing in Colorado a year ago and we threatened to wear our boots onto the plane as shoes until we found out that skiis and boots in separate bags counts as one "piece" of luggage.

Yeah, as long as you don't want to take ANYTHING with you--isn't Spirit even charging for carry-ons now?

Yes they do, they started out as great hometown alternative airline and ruined their business plan when they began expanding with a fleet of new Airbus jets.

Back
Top Bottom