How to get the Suunto USB cable working with Zoop Novo??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vastag

Registered
Reaction score
Hi - Suunto sent me a Zoop Novo after my Zoop died (thanks Suunto), but then I needed the newer cable (this one: Suunto Dive USB cable - Connect D-series, Vyper Novo and Zoop Novo) which I spent a ridiculous amount of money on. But now that I have it, I cannot for the life of me get the two-pin connector on the cable to connect to the Zoop Novo. I'm worried I'm bending the pins. What is the trick of this thing? I can't even find any documentation on Suunto's site and none came with the EIGHTY-FIVE dollar cable. Any help appreciated.

I have a third party cable made by a workshop in Germany, but it's the same connector. I think there's only one way it pushes in (a tab in the computer connect fits in a small slot on the outside of the barrel). On mine there is a blue dot that lines up with the front of computer. The twist clockwise about 1/8 turn to line up the pins with the connectors on the computer. If there is any salt or corrosion on the connector you won't get a good connection, but a soak for a few hours in fresh water usually does the trick for me. You may have to wiggle it back and forth (rotationally) until you see "data transfer" displayed.

What app are you attempting to connect to? If DM5, that could be your problem. There's really only one way to connect the cable to the DC...with the screen face up, there should be a red dot on the cable connector which goes straight up. Push the cable end into the DC terminal and turn slightly clockwise until it locks in place. The words DATA TRANSFER should automatically come up on the computer screen. You would then be connected.

Even if you don't have the host program or app running, it should still go into data transfer mode. If not, you may not have the right driver for the cable. I'm thinking the download should be automatic, but if not, do a google search to try to find it.

Thanks...I haven't been able to achieve connection so no "data transfer" screen. Will try soaking it and cleaning the connector.

What @d^2b said.
I have the German made cable as well. I don’t use DM5. I use Subsurface on my Mac. Works great.

Ok, well this is weird but I can push in the cable with the dot on the cable lined up to the dot on the computer, but when I try to twist it clockwise, I can't budge it. I even watched this video to understand and it still won't twist for me.
Frustrating.

Ok, well this is weird but I can push in the cable with the dot on the cable lined up to the dot on the computer, but when I try to twist it clockwise, I can't budge it. I even watched this video to understand and it still won't twist for me.
Frustrating.
Mine had an O-ring on the cable. I needed to push in a bit to compres the o-ring then twist clockwise.

Like -JD- said, sometimes when you first start using these cables, you really have to put some real pressure on them to get them pushed in far enough. I have one I started wondering if I'd ever get it turned but finally did. Now that the o-ring has compressed it's no problem.

I pushed really hard and twisted the cable and the cable jacket twisted but not the connector. Oh well. I give up. Going to return the cable. I don't have the strongest hands in the world but it's ridiculous that this cable needs so much force to use.

Back
Top Bottom