How to get ND V-Tech arm dump valve off drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I apologise if this is in the wrong forum. Back in June, I had Northern Diver fit one of their V-Teck dump valves to my arm and it developed a leak after diving in a silty patch of the ocean, so I want to give it a proper clean before buying a replacement (blowing compressed air through it hasn't done anything). However, I cannot get the damn thing off my drysuit. No matter which way I try and unscrew it, it's doesn't move. I've even tried just levering it off with a knife. I'm at my wits end now. I'm tempted to break it off a buy a replacement if nothing else works. If anyone has any suggestions before I resort to doing that, I'd appreciate it.

I apologise if this is in the wrong forum. Back in June, I had Northern Diver fit one of their V-Teck dump valves to my arm and it developed a leak after diving in a silty patch of the ocean, so I want to give it a proper clean before buying a replacement (blowing compressed air through it hasn't done anything). However, I cannot get the damn thing off my drysuit. No matter which way I try and unscrew it, it's doesn't move. I've even tried just levering it off with a knife. I'm at my wits end now. I'm tempted to break it off a buy a replacement if nothing else works. If anyone has any suggestions before I resort to doing that, I'd appreciate it.
Does Northern Diver glue theirs in?

You’re probably SOL, but could try lots of heat and then cold back and forth in an attempt to weaken the seal.

Does Northern Diver glue theirs in?

You’re probably SOL, but could try lots of heat and then cold back and forth in an attempt to weaken the seal.
Yes, I've just found out that they do glue them in. I'll give the heat/cold a go. I'm also going to replace it with a valve that's easier to take off.
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom