DIR- Generic How to Fix Longhose Kinking?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EireDiver606

Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly what it says on the tin.

Does your longhose kink ? How do you fix it? Can you fix it? I always try to store it anti clockwise on my rig but it wants to go twist and turn, to my displeasure.

Do you have a rotating attachment on the second stage ?

A1m5rM2KWfL._SL1500_.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
It’s not a major problem or anything, just annoying. When I route the hose down from the first stage and to the left (towards my stomach) it wants to kink to my right. Do I hang it up to straighten or wrap it in a coil?
No rotating first stage. It’s standard rubber hose not miflex.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 299
First image is being pulled out straight, notice slight bend to right.
Second: It’s looping itself the wrong way.
Attached: full image of it loping to the right.

First image is being pulled out straight, notice slight bend to right.
Second: It’s looping itself the wrong way.
Attached: full image of it loping to the right.

Looks like you just need to twist the hose to avoid the kink, as you would with any hose, cable, etc. But I have to imagine that's the first thing you tried.

I have rotating 2nd stage with 210cm rubber hose. If I remember well the swivel hose connection is in every apeks 2nd stage and yours are apeks ! When you chenged the original hose for the long one did you probably left the swiveling part attached to the old hose ?
I don't even notice if the hose is slightly kinking because the swivel.

@Alastor if you are talking about the swivel on every second stage then yes I can twist my reg 360 without moving hose.

Yes I'm talking of it and in my case it helped. I twist a bit the rubber long hose if it takes a kink and the swivel help to avoid torsion to be transferred to my mouth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom