How To Fix A Leaky SPG for $4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Macan

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
If you have 2 household wrenches and $4, you can fix your leaky SPG by yourself. If your SPG is in a console boot, just pop the SPG out of the boot and do the same fix.

I hope this was useful to you. Thumbs if you like the video, Subs if you love it and Click the Bell and get notified of new helpful scuba videos.

No lube on the spool?

Air spools are $1.50 from DGX. I bought a half dozen several years ago. I keep a couple in my save a dive kit. I have used one myself, and have been able to help out other divers on my boat twice. This is an easy fix that can be done by anyone. Very valuable to know. I use lube also. Scuba Diving: Changing the Air Spool on a SPG by Dive Rite - YouTube

upload_2021-4-5_12-20-23.png

Mostly just on the 0-rings.
Well, yes, of course. But he spends 4 minutes not mentioning any lube on anything.

dynamic = lube!

It is rather amusing how videos such as this tend to leave out the hardest part, putting new o-rings on without a particular tool. The tool makes the task much easier.

I agree with scubadada, keep one or two spools in your save-a-dive kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom