How to enter old dives into Oceanlog.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

usub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi forum,

Since I bought my ATOM 2, I have logged 58 dives in Oceanlog. All downloaded from the ATOM.
Now I have got the idea that I want to log all my old dives from before I had the ATOM, into Oceanlog, by manually entering the data.

Is there a way I can enter dives manualy so they are numbered before the dives that are currently logged and with a date before those ?

I'm currently using version 2.2.3 and trying 2.2.4 at the moment.

Hope anyone can advise.

Ulrik

You might be able to use the new import Access DB feature in 2.2.4..so create a new log, enter the manual dives, then import the other dives. The imported dives should renumber based on date/time. If that doesn't work, I'm not sure of any other way.

I did a couple of dives while my computer was in the shop. On the "Dive" page under the Dive Log section, click the "+" at the top of the page to add, only select Manual Entry Dive. Number them as you want and the newly downloaded dives should pick up where you leave off.

Incidentally, my PP2 was replaced by Oceanic but I was able to read the new computer configuration right into my current divelog. Not that it matters, but each dive also has the computer and serial# so if I ever did dive with a different computer (wife's perhaps) I could tell which one it was.

Perhaps this is all you need to do as well. Oh, in case you're interested, the divelog database is a standard M$ Access db, but it has a password... I cracked it because I was interested in writing something that was a tad more friendly... apparently Oceanic is very proud of their software.

Oh, make a backup before you do anything... just in case.

Ken

Ken, Andrew. thanks for advise.
I experimented a bit more with version 2.2.4 and it looks like it works if I just add a dive and select manual entry. When I enter the date of the dive, for eksample 05/11/2000 and click the save icon, it figures out for itself that this dive is before the other dives, so it change the dive number and moves all the previous dives one number up. Thats just what i want it to do. I don't think it works in version 2.2.3.
It works in 2.2.4 , but a couple of times it get stuck and won't let me enter the date so I had to delete the dive and start over. I also saw a few other strange things, for example if i edit something in the Gear or Buddies pages and return to the dive page, the "dive site" entry has change to a value of another dive, so I had to go into the location page and set it back to the correct value and save. Strange !?
I have to put in about 60 dives with a lot of memo's so I just do 5 dives at a time and the leave the program and let it create a backup. Tedious but hopefully I only need to do this once :wink:

Back
Top Bottom