How to download maps on Mares Icon HD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Grocio

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi there,

I've got a question for you, guys. Tomorrow I'll receive an Icon HD, which I intend to synchronise with DiversDiary (I already have this application on my MacBook Air).

I've already downloaded a number of maps on the Mac and now I'd like to download the maps on the Icon. I've tried to do this several times in different ways, but unsuccessfully. I was wondering whether you know what the right procedure is to download the maps on the Icon via DiversDiary.

I thank you very much in advance for your reply.

Cheers,
Grocio

---------- Post added July 22nd, 2013 at 04:24 PM ----------

Well, I've got an answer from Mares: maps cannot be uploaded using a Mac because the way Icon manages the USB protocol is not compatible with anything that the Mac does.

Fortunately I haven't bought the Icon, which I was supposed to receive and pay tomorrow. I'd have been rather disappointed to have bought an expensive computer which, according to the owner's manual, is compatible with both Mac and Windows (see owners manual, Spanish version, pages 5 and 11), while it isn't.

So, if you own a Mac and would like to get an Icon in order to use the maps function, now you know that you can't use it for that purpose.

Last edited:
Good choice not to buy it Fabian.
Mares Icon HD has a bunch of problems with the air integration also, the air transmitters work only 40% of the time, and that 40% is because you reset it (open the transmitter, get out the battery to make a reset). Of course is a problem, and when you return the transmitters to Mares store, they ask you to pay 150 Euros for shipping to send them to Italy to get new ones (like if it is all our fault).

That problem was resolved with the 4.0 firmware upgrade. Also I wonder how much of the "150 euros" finds it's way into the shops pockets. Doubt it really is all for shipping - airmail express, maybe - nah.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom