How to display metadata?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ebbdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to Photoshop, and I've been trying to figure out how you guys do that cool thing where the data is displayed when the cursor goes over the photo? I also noticed some of you use a little camera icon at the bottom to do this. I'm using PS8.

I am using a customized version of a script called overlib (don't have the url at hand as I am not on my home computer). It has no direct connection to Photoshop, at least the way I use it. At first I had the script linked to the underwater photo when you moused over it. Now, I have the script activate when you mouse over a small camera jpg under the photo. I got the camera idea from TedJ. Basically, I create and htm page and on that page I indicate what is linked to the overlib script (can be any jpg or gif etc). The actual overlib script is in the webs root directory so it can be used for anything on my website. I went through a bunch of camera gifs and jpg's off the web, found one I liked, customized it in Photshop for color and size and placed it in my web page. I recently started using that procedure on some of the photos in my gallery on my home page as well as the pics I post here using an htm page.

Thanks Gilligan! I guess I'll have to start looking into web design now. I was just telling the wife how when you start getting hooked on something like underwater photography, it'll take you through a learning journey. You want better pictures, so you learn about the cameras and techniques. Then you learn how to use pro post-processing software. Then you want to share your photos, so you learn web design. Next thing you know, you're a pro! Funny how that works!

There are a number of products that help to extract Metadata/EXIF info when building a website. I am in the process of finishing off 3 skins for a freeware product called JAlbum, that will display the metadata in the file in various ways. At least one of them will be very similar to the way Gilligan displays the information, using the Overlib script. I should have these finished in a few days, and will post them on here so that anyone who wants to can use them with JAlbum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom