How to disassemble Orcatorch D620 light head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have an Orcatorch D620 light head with a bad LED emitter. I was going to try and replace the emitter and then attach the head to an old Dive Rite wreck canister / battery that I have. My idea is to go with a de-domed XHP70.2 using a PCB board for a 14v battery pack and smooth reflector for a tighter beam.

Does anyone know how to disassemble the light head? It looks like the front can screw off but it is extremely tight, (maybe glue was put on the threads)

Hi, did you ever manage to get the lamphead apart? The first time the LED on mine burnt the lamphead was replaced under warranty but the new lamphead did not come with a warranty and after 8 dives (yes, 8 dives!) the LED was burnt again to the extent that the light is unusable. Really annoyed and definitely not buying an Orca light again. However, if I can replace the LED for a new one (maybe one that runs a little bit cooler and is probably a lot less bright as a consequence) I may be able to eke enough use out of it until I have squirrelled away enough to get a Dive Rite or Light for Me. I also have a second hand Dive Rite MR 11 but that has issues with either the ballast or bulb (bulb works but dies after a few minutes and the battery is fine) and I am considering bastardising the two into one usable light maybe.

I’m also interested in this. The factory sealed head on mine flooded and orcatorch told me to pay for replacement or pound sand.

I managed to take mine off using a large pipe style wrench. It is sealed and the threads appeared to have loctite on them. Was not easy. Any info on where to source a replacement LED would be greatly appreciated. Should be an easy fix and would still make a good back up to the back up’s back up.

Hello guys!

I've receive my replacement LED...but want I opened the head light.... glass, o'ring and other fall down... Any one had a pic on how they were installed? a schema or a pic of the assembly?

Thanks

Stephan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom