How to Determine Angle Adapter Compatability?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Locus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I want to purchase a 90-degree angle adapter for my primary reg and a 70-degree adapter for my octo, but a lot of the angle adapters being sold online don't list their specs. How do I determine if I they are compatible with my regs? I could also use some advice as to just what I should be looking for.

I use a mares carbon 42 primary and mares proton ice extreme backup. The manual lists the hose type of the carbon second stage as [1/2" UNF - 3/8" UNF]. The proton ice extreme's manual lists the hose type as [standard: super soft 1/2" octo: super soft 3/8"]. Since each manual lists two different sizes, I'm a bit unclear as to what size of adapter each reg needs.

I know that at least one Mares first stage (the mr32) uses a 1/2" lp port for the primary, so maybe the manuals are stating the compatibility of the second stages to be used with 1/2" hoses when they are paired with the mr32?

All of my first stage's lp ports and all of my lp hoses are 3/8".

Does anyone know specifically what this modification requires, or where I could find the relevant information?

Back
Top Bottom