How to correctly swap regulators when using a bungee necklace.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom_Ivan

Contributor
Reaction score
When diving side-mount or independent doubles. I tried to find a video/tutorial on how this is done but I had no luck.

Do people remove the reg from the necklace, swap regs then reattach the old reg through the loop? I feel like that could get fiddly.

The only other option I could think of is to have a necklace on both regs but I feel like there would be too high a chance for them to get tangled up.

Cheers

Last edited:
????

If you remove your primary, simply insert the secondary (necklaced), exhale or press the purge botton, continue to breath. No need to mess with the bungee necklace. Keep it simple. Remember, the purpose of this setup is to allow for your primary to be donated to a diver in OOA situation. The bungeed secondary will become your new primary during ascent.

????....

If you are referring to donating the regulator.......

Sorry. I didn't make myself clear.
I have recently been messing around with a DIY sidemount system and I'm trying to perfect a method of swapping regulators. I currently just have a snap lock on each reg and I have the unused reg clipped to my d-ring. I'm aware that this is far from ideal hence starting the thread. In hind sight I probably should posted this to the sidemount forum.

Short hose off the left tank, behind your head, bungee'd under your chin. Long hose on the right, goes across your body, around your neck, and in your mouth like a regular long hose. It has a bolt snap on it. When you swap, take your right hand, grasp the hose, remove with your hand (reg faces down), replace with bungee'd reg, purge, clip off long hose to your d-ring.

It's just like diving a set of doubles.

what @JohnnyC said, the easiest way is just like a set of doubles, but that does require you to put both hoses behind your head and limits you to one regulator configuration if you don't have reversible regs. I do not like running the regs straight up to my mouth as I find it very uncomfortable, but is also a risk when diving in squeezy sidemount stuff for the reg to be pulled out of your mouth

Short hose off the left tank, behind your head, bungee'd under your chin. Long hose on the right, goes across your body, around your neck, and in your mouth like a regular long hose. It has a bolt snap on it. When you swap, take your right hand, grasp the hose, remove with your hand (reg faces down), replace with bungee'd reg, purge, clip off long hose to your d-ring

I do the opposite, short hose on my right side tank, connected to a bungee, long hose on my left tank run behind my neck on a bolt snap. 360 swivels on both. This helps me to not have anything across my chest or "wrapped" around my neck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom