How to contact Land Shark Divers and buddy questions in the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koraldon

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm planning to visit Nassau on the weekend of 26th of February - first time in the bahamas :cool2:
I have tried to contact Land Shark Divers to book my stay there, but the phone number on their website is wrong - The guy who answers doesn't work with them anymore...
Does anybody have updated contact details? I would like to book my stay prior to ordering the flight.

In addition, I'm travelling by myself so I'm looking for a buddy for the above period - anyone available? (I have 100+ logged dives and I'm a nice guy :coffee:)
In the case that I don't find a buddy prior to arrival, does the dive team assign single divers a buddy?

Thanks

Mr. Kevin McDonald. GM and Consultant.
Tel(242)327-6364
Cell(242)436-6392
Fax(242)327-7787
US Line (305)515-8408
Email KevinMcdonald101@msn.com
Email KevinMcdonald@coralwave.com

Hope this helps. He reckons he's gonna check that number on the WWW site.

Either Coves or BD will ALWAYS ask if everyone has a buddy. Then pair you up in the event that you dont.

Good luck, let us know how it goes?

Hi,
Thanks, after many searches I managed to find the telefon number... but the cell is good to have as well :)
But they do need to update the site, it is very hard to contact them.

I will be there between the 26th and 28th, will let you know how it goes :D

So Here is my short report-
First the diving - sadly I had a cold a couple of dives before arriving at the bahamas :(
I decided to dive anyway, and had a very nice dive at the "ray of hope" - saw lots of sharks and the wrecks were very nice. However when I came back aboard I had vertigo :( :( :(
So I had to cut short my diving :banghead:

Regarding land shark divers - my recommendation is to avoid. It is under new management which doesn't have the same deal with stuart cove - While they publish on the website the package with 2/4 dives per day and told me on the phone it is still valid when I got there they announced that the website is incorrect and the new deal is two dives for the whole period!
In addition no breakfast was served and I had to discuss with them in order to get the airport transfer.

So do yourself a favor and get a better place to stay in. In all I think that nassau is not a good place for the independent diver/traveler as it is much more family oriented.

I'm sorry to hear that! What a shame.
Did you make your feelings clear or can i offer to pass your comments on to LSD?

I think they ought to know for their own and future visitors benefit, but only with your sanction.
Perhaps they'll even comment here?

Well next time you wish to go back, let us know. We are trying to book a place we love there which has two bedrooms, a futon and a full kitchen, right on the beach (white sandy beach) and has two pools and a wonderful staff.
We hope to go back late april 2010 or early may2010 and are looking for two singles, a couple or a couple and a single. We are NOT a party crowd, but we do like to have a few drinks and enjoy our time, but diving or outdoor activities are definatly our priority.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom