How to bring back the reds on my Video's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Offroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been pretty happy with the still images I've been able to capture with my Fuji F31fd. The combo of custom white balance and a bit of Photoshop helps to make up for my lack of any strobes.

Unfortunately the custom white balance doesn't seem to affect the video's I shoot with this camera. Is there a filter that can be used the way you can use UW actions in Photoshop on stills?

I'll be doing cutting and splicing on a tool that doesn't re-encode, but what video tools are available to help with an autolevel and red restoration type fixes simular to the tools available in Photoshop?

Thanks.

You might want to look into budget video editing software like Premiere Elements, Vegas Movie Studio, Pinnacle, etc.

A cheaper alternative might be to just use the Auto Magic Filter on your camera. I tried this with my Fuji F30 and it does a pretty darn good job bringing back the colors even in video mode...

Red filter, manual white balance or edit in the program. Only ways that I know of.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom