How to Best Experience Tiger Beach, Bahamas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

living4experiences

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I want to dive with tigers and hammerheads at Tiger Beach and I've read the season is short, January to March/early April. Does anyone have recommendations whether it's best done with a land-based trip or live-aboard? Any dive operators or hotels you've used and liked? I only know of the Bahamas Master live-aboard that goes to this area in this season.

I did a trip on the Shearwater in January 2 years ago. Epic. The season you stated is the best for Hammers to show up. I would go on the Shearwater again and almost did this last January, but I got my space for Soccoro so chose that.

It starts much earlier than January. On one dive in late October we had 14 tigers... had to abort that one because it was so hot. Most dives average 3-7 tigers, with tons of lemons, reefs and a bull or two. Live aboard is by far the best way to go, and as above, go with the dolphin dream - they’re fantastic. Don’t go with Bahamas master - I won’t bash them, but just don’t. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Also, Eli from from shark diver magazine (defunct) has spots on his October trip on the dolphin dream. Can’t recommend it enough.

Tiger Shark Diving — SDM Diving

It starts much earlier than January. On one dive in late October we had 14 tigers... had to abort that one because it was so hot. Most dives average 3-7 tigers, with tons of lemons, reefs and a bull or two. Live aboard is by far the best way to go, and as above, go with the dolphin dream - they’re fantastic. Don’t go with Bahamas master - I won’t bash them, but just don’t. If you have more questions feel free to ask.

Also, Eli from from shark diver magazine (defunct) has spots on his October trip on the dolphin dream. Can’t recommend it enough.

Tiger Shark Diving — SDM Diving
I think that the Hammerhead season is the Limiting Factor, not the Tigers.

Indeed, I am looking for the ideal month to catch the hammerheads and tigers at the same time for this trip as well as a good operator.

february would be the best, although the bimini hammerhead season extends january to march. aggressor doesn't seem to do the extended combined itinerary anymore for both tiger beach and bimini. the bahamas master wasn't great, but from what i've seen of the florida based boats, they aren't much different.

Hi Guys,

We have been running day trips to Tiger Beach since 2013 and offer dive and accommodations packages of varying length. February, March and April have been the best for seeing both Tiger Sharks and Great Hammerheads at Tiger Beach. In fact, we regularly see up to 6 species of sharks on a single dive during these months. Check out this post to read more information on this peak season and see a cool video. You can find details on our website or email us at info@epicdiving.com.

Stay safe and hope to see you out there soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom