How to attach underwater light to Ikelite DS-125?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ssra30

Reaction score
Hi, just wondering what is the best way to attach a flashlight to the DS 125 strobe. I use the DS 125 with Ikelite deluxe ball/socket arm and want to add UK Light Canon light so I will have everything that I need for night dive in one place. I know the DS 125 has modeling light but the Light Canon is significantly brighter. I am thinking of using velcro strap to tie the flashlight directly to the strobe but am wondering if there is a better way to do this. Thanks for any help.

I find the built-in aiming light more than adequate for night dives. Like raxafarian said make sure it doesn't cause 'hotspots' in your pics.

Not only hot spots, but also with a constant light that bright you'll scare away every fish, creature, and critter within range of it. :wacko:

Hundreds of creatures normally hidden by the dark will be lunch for some nocturnal preditor....which do learn to follow divers with bright lights!

Plus you'll be a big hit with any fellow divers who night dive in order to see the nocturnal fish and creatures.

The spotting light does a very good job of spotting.

I use the DS125 light as my 1) Focus light 2) strobe aiming light and 3) dive light on a night dive. Just make sure you have a full charge and it will last over an hour - it is also more powerful than any hand torch I own. I keep a small backup torch in my pocket and thats it.

Hmm, I guess the concensus is not to add another light source then. I was going to use a diffuser with the Light Canon so it does not create a significant hotspot for picture. since it will give out a nice whitish light rather than the yellow hue I get with the modeling light so for night dive purpose, it would be a better lighting choice. Last time I used it, it was also much easier for the boat to spot my light than the usual halogen flashlight. And if nothing else, I think it would be a good backup light as well. However it is a bit too bulky to put in my BC's pocket and I don't want it dangling off my BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom