How To Attach Bolt Snaps To Your Scuba Gear with Hair Ties!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And a necklace reg is for looking like a cool Tek Diver?

I use my backup during safety stops to make sure it works beyond a few quick breaths during an s-drill at the beginning of a dive, to make sure that the necklace isn't too tight for wearing for more than 10 seconds, to make sure that the zip tie on the mouth piece isn't stabbing me in the lip the whole time, to make sure that cockroaches haven't eaten away at the diaphragm causing it to breath wet.

You know... verify it will actually function as well as your primary when you need it. How else do you do all of that if you never breathe off of it?
I breathe from it prior to every dive, I breathe from it when practicing air sharing drills. Outside of that, I use it as my backup reg, If I am on back gas, I am breathing from my primary, that is what it is for.
How you use your regs is up to you, but to say it needs to be on a break away to circumvent an emergency caused by incorrect usage of gear seems pretty silly to me.

I'm wondering something with some of the replies here.

The only reg I have a snap on is my long hose. The only time it's clipped off is when I'm gearing up, gearing down or climbing the ladder back on the boat. Why do I need a quick disconnect on it? When I'm in the water it's either in my my mouth or my buddies.

Or am I doing something wrong?

I'm wondering something with some of the replies here.

The only reg I have a snap on is my long hose. The only time it's clipped off is when I'm gearing up, gearing down or climbing the ladder back on the boat. Why do I need a quick disconnect on it? When I'm in the water it's either in my my mouth or my buddies.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Nope, apparently I'm the weird one. Not the first time that has happened!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom