How to apply for a NE-based NDI club location?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King Kong Matt

Contributor
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before and I apologize if my attempts to search for the answers did not yield information that has already been posted...

A couple of us New England divers were interested in how we go about getting our own board...the issue was previously raised here and I was wondering if LadyDiver, or someone else could further elaborate on the requirements.

Specifically mentioned is that they would like to see a plan...if someone can just give me a sense of what this plan should look like, what kinds of questions this should answer, etc.

Not trying to get anyone else to do my homework...I assure you. :)

Thx in advance. Its only b/c we love the board that we even bother to ask...

Matthew

Just speaking for myself, I've already been diving with five other New England divers I've met through/seen on the board.

Mshieldsdunn isn't even one of them yet! There are at least 4 or 5 more I'm looking forward to diving with soon... probably more than that.

Originally posted by MSilvia
Mshieldsdunn isn't even one of them yet! There are at least 4 or 5 more I'm looking forward to diving with soon... probably more than that.

We're expanding like Weeds!

Hey... "The New England Weeds"... hmm... nahh..

just take them diving with us, or vice versa! It shouldn't take to much conversation along the lines of "Did you see the thread about whatever?", "Check out the new thing I made after reading Uncle Pug's post about DIR stuff." and "Doctor Deco said such and such." before they start to feel like they're missing out on good info!

mshieldsdunn,

The organizing document or plan can be as simple having the founding members of your local group sign something stating that you are committed to diving together on a somewhat (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, etc.) basis and that you will will work to become/stay responsible, safe divers who are coming together for the betterment of your local diving community and the diving community in general.

I will also need the contact information for the person that is "heading up" the group to make communication easier.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Originally posted by Ladydiver
that you will will work to become/stay responsible, safe divers

Uh oh... I suppose we shouldn't mention my plan on writing a New England fish ID book that includes a "Defensive Reactions" section! :poking:

Originally posted by Spectre

Uh oh... I suppose we shouldn't mention my plan on writing a New England fish ID book that includes a "Defensive Reactions" section! :poking:

Yeah, I think we should go ahead and leave that part out of the doc :wink:

Originally posted by Ladydiver
committed to diving together on a somewhat (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, etc.)

Hmm.. Cape Ann Day #1 in June, #2 in July, #3 in august, Isle of Shoals #1 in September... I think we've got this one covered! Well, at least until the water starts getting cold again...

Hey... maybe we can get Paul to host DrySuitMania/IceMania in January! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom